Perseus' Carnal Diversions

The Journal of a Sex Life Frequently Spent

Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Definition of Blogsex

My excursions into the emerging field of blog sex theory lead me to propose the following definition:

blogsex The act of having sex with another blogger, with both participants then blogging about their experience.

I should note that one of the search results returned as of today for blogsex touches on the etymology of the word. It is from a blog called a small victory, where Bill from the Billegible blog posted this sentence:

"No no no, the bed the size of Lichtenstein has stations set up all around the perimeter. We can have group blogsex *and* post about it simultaneously".

In my definition of blogsex I purposely do not place any time limit on the blogging of the sexual experience since I feel the requirement to have sex and blog at the same time may be too rigorous for general usage. For this I would coin the second term:

realtime blogsex Having sex and blogging about the experience while having sex. See also mutual realtime blogsex where both partners engaging in sex simultaneously blog about the experience while having sex, and group realtime blogsex where all members of a group engaging in sex simultaneously blog about the experience while having sex.

Needless to say realtime blogsex should only be attempted by trained professionals.

Any examples of blogsex or realtime blogsex my readers can send me would be most welcome to complete the documentation.

Meanwhile, in the spirit of scientific research I'm prepared to submit myself as a research subject in the emerging field of experimental blogsex. Contact me if you're in the SF Bay Area and are willing to give it a go .